(BPT) - - From fresh harvests to flavorful spices, the fall season is full of opportunity, especially when it comes to the foods we eat. With a little creativity, enjoying classic fall flavors can be delicious, fun and easy for the entire family.
Here are a few fall food pairings that both kids and adults will love:
* Dress apples with delightful dip Perhaps no fruit is more representative of fall than freshly picked apples; after all, an annual trip to the apple orchard is often a favorite family pastime. Sliced apples are an easy go-to snack for adults and kids alike. Delight your kids by pairing juicy apples with a creamy caramel dip. Marzetti Light Caramel Dip and available snack pack options of Marzetti Fat Free Caramel Dip are perfect for a delicious afternoon pick-me-up.
* Be creative and brighten your breakfast One of the best ways to start the day is with a tasty breakfast before sending the kids off to school. Oatmeal, eggs and yogurt are satisfying and delicious. Add a little variety to the morning meal by jazzing up ordinary dishes. Pair oatmeal with Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip, mix in vegetables with scrambled eggs or top yogurt with crunchy almonds, granola or pecans.
* Pump up your pumpkin seeds The pumpkin is truly the epitome of the fall harvest and pumpkin seeds make for a great snack. Kids love to carve pumpkins! Simply scoop the seeds and bake them in the oven. It's a tasty and savory treat. Get creative by sprinkling the seeds with a little Cajun seasoning for crunch and kick, or add a bit of garlic seasoning for extra flavor. You can even salt and sprinkle your seeds with lime juice for a refreshing twist on a classic.
* Re-invent classic comfort foods Hearty soups are a fall staple that families can enjoy repeatedly by making a large batch and freezing extra for a later meal. Start with a chicken, turkey or beef broth base, then pair with the rich flavors of the fall harvest. Visit your local farmers market to select fresh ingredients. Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, onion, squash and zucchini are plentiful this time of year and are delicious when cooked in broth. Simply heat broth with chopped veggies until they are soft, and serve.
* Add a sweet and salty twist to popcorn A bowl of freshly popped popcorn can be the perfect fall snack for the family. Now you can amp up the flavors of salty, buttery popcorn by pairing it with sweet, rich caramel. With Marzetti Sweet & Salty Caramel Dip on hand, simply pop the corn, add to a large bowl and drizzle caramel over the top. This snack satisfies sweet and salty cravings all at once.
For more family-friendly fall food ideas and to find information about other tasty dip pairings, visit www.Marzetti.com and search for "caramel dip."