April's showers (or snow) have given way to May's spring blossoms. The beautiful weather also means it's time to do something truly out of the ordinary for Mom, and therefore deserving of the woman who not only brought you into this world, but fed you, clothed you and never forgot to kiss the countless bumps and bruises.
Make this Mother's Day one that she'll remember with these gift ideas:
* No other mother is quite like yours, so why settle for the same, old card? Go online to Greeting Card Universe and design a customized card that features personal photos and special moments in time - and pick up the finished product at Target through the KODAK Picture Kiosks.
* Transform a treasure trove of old, family videos into a digital montage made especially for Mom - one that she can look at time and again on a tablet, smartphone or PC. Make it personal, with a soundtrack comprising the tunes she knows and loves.
* While taking a stroll down memory lane, why not create a keepsake? Retailers like CVS, Bartell's and Target can help you design a custom photo book that Mom will treasure for years. Add a new chapter for every passing year, or even a new volume. You can also create and print a custom calendar with all of the dates most important to your family.
* Is your mother the adventurous type? Plan a scavenger hunt, and populate the trail with prized items that are personal, like coffee mugs and mouse pads that feature family photos. The KODAK Kiosk Connect app, available on iPhone or Android, makes creating these items quick and easy. Simply choose the images you like and transmit them to the Kiosk using the in-store Wi-Fi connection. KODAK Picture Kiosks are located across the country. Go to www.kodak.com/go/kiosk to find one near you.
* Every mother deserves to be pampered, so turn her bathroom into a home spa. After giving the bathroom a good cleaning put out bath salts and scents. Draw her a warm bath. Light some candles (you can even float votives on the water's surface) and add a soothing soundtrack. Pour a glass of herbal tea, and provide your mother with the 60 minutes of uninterrupted bliss that she never had when you were growing up.
No matter what you choose this Mother's Day, celebrate with something from the heart, and tell your mother just how much you love her.