Site Comments

Comments
DSDOConnor - 12:10 PM
2 Votes
And what exactly is criminal about physical contact (e.g. a hug), telephone calls, texts, and photos with a teenager? How about we all withhold judgment here until more information is known?

DCM802 - 11:49 AM
0 Votes
I had a Bennington pd officer hand cuff me and put me in the car... for drunk and disorderly. We were still having words... The officer didnt like what I said so he reached in and grabbed me by my genitals an squeezed till I passed out! Keep in mind I had no way to defend myself cause I was hand cuffed and sitting on my hands.. All I remember saying in a very high pitch voice is "plz, let go", till I passed out from the pain... These are the men we are talking about here...

DCM802 - 11:35 AM
0 Votes
Guaranteed excessive force! Why are they taking so long to investigate? There are cameras in the lobby!!! Probably a case of conveniently lost the footage! The Local papers are reporting the scanner mentioning a stabbing as well... That will be the reason the officer shot this person! They will try to say the man attempted to stab him.. I have been the victim of excessive force by a police officer of the Bennington Police department! I bet this is the same... Things just get worse when they go unchecked.. They are out of control!

BHirsh - 4/19/2014 8:46 PM
0 Votes
The courts in the U.S. 2nd Circuit are possessed of a pronounced anti-Second Amendment bias, and cling to the discredited interpretation expressed by Stevens in his Heller dissent instead of obeying the precedent. The entire 2nd Circuit needs a smack-down, and it will take the SCOTUS to banish this nonsense once and for all.

BCSAugerties - 4/18/2014 10:41 AM
0 Votes
Think about it for a minute because it will most likely come to the town where you live next. If there is a tax cap as proposed by the Gov. then the only way to raise revenue is to raise the assessments. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It is not rocket science you know.

Medick9 - 4/15/2014 4:18 PM
0 Votes
Owners also need to train their dogs check out DanTrainsDogs.com he has an area on there called "tips" Are you contributing to your dogs aggression? A good read for anyone dog owner or not. also a great website Doggonesafe.com talks abot how to avoid bites>

Randy Janssen - 4/10/2014 7:05 AM
0 Votes
The HSUS is not your local animal shelter. The HSUS has been hijacked by radical animal rights activist. It is an over 150 million dollar corporation that spends almost every dime it gets on obscene salaries and filing lawsuits. It raises money by showing ads of cute dogs and cats, but it spends less then 1 cent on the dollar to feed and shelter cats and dogs. The HSUS is being investigated for fraud and it was convicted of racketeering in Florida. More and more members of congress are questioning the tax free status of the HSUS because of its political activities. The HSUS IS AGAINST RODEO AND WESTERN TRADITIONS. IT IS FOR A VEGETERIAN LIFE STYLE AND AGAINST EATING MEAT. The HSUS says it spends 79% of its money for animal welfare programs, but it does not say what they are. The HSUS has been accused of paying employees to abuse animals and videoing the abuse as proof that meat production should be stopped. The HSUS uses some of its money to change our eating habits and standard of living by working to outlaw farming methods which are used on family farms. The HSUS is bad for America so don't applaud its lackeys. If you want to support something think about giving to the child fund, St. Jude, the Wounded Warriors, or you local food bank. If you want to help animals, give money to you local animal shelter. Giving money to the HSUS is throwing money away on a bloated bureaucracy that waste it on salaries and litigation. It claims to do good but if you really look at what it does, it only piggybacks on the work of local organizations.

free nys - 4/8/2014 2:18 AM
0 Votes
you got what you voted for Obama said the energy would cost more if he was elected he closed all those coal plants now your bills are more keep voting for democrats and this is your change how dose it feel

SwearItWasntMe - 4/8/2014 12:57 AM
0 Votes
Considering the DSM-V changes, I suppose the numbers would change, but the fact remains that there are plenty of individuals on the Autism spectrum and more and more people are being diagnosed. Delaying treatment and services can lead to tragic outcomes. ~Mother of an Asperger's teen~

KateGladstone - 4/7/2014 11:16 PM
0 Votes
The figure you give as current — 1 in 88 — was the figure a few years ago. The current figure from the Center for Disease Control is 1 in 68.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.