Holiday Heroes Blood Drive
Become a HOLIDAY HERO at our upcoming blood drive!
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 from 12pm - 7pm
Blood donors must be healthy, age 17 (Donors may give at 16 with parental consent) or older and must weigh at least 110 pounds. Please call today to schedule an appointment to give blood. Call toll free 1-800-Red Cross or register at www.redcrossblood.org
All presenting donors will receive a free t-shirt and a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
Visit one of our five locations to donate. Walk-Ins are welcome!
- Albany Marriott, 189 Wolf Road, Albany
- America's Best Value Inn, 10 Market Street, Amsterdam
- Gideon Putnam Hotel, 24 Gideon Putnam Rd., Saratoga Springs
- Hilton Garden Inn, 30 Clifton Country Road, Clifton Park
- Troy Hilton Garden Inn, 235 Hoosick Street, Troy
- 72 percent of the population underestimates the need for blood. In fact, someone needs a blood transfusion every two seconds in the United States. Nationwide, around 44,000 blood donations are needed each and every day to meet the needs of accident victims, cancer patients and children with blood disorders. These patients, and others, rely on blood products during their treatment. It may be your mother, your son or your friend. It may even be you.
- Currently our blood supply depends on a dedicated few. 85% of people will need blood during their lifetime, yet fewer than five (5) percent of the eligible population donates blood. In our area, only four (4) percent give blood. Help spread hope this holiday season by giving something that doesn't cost a thing but an hour of your time. One blood donation can help save up to three lives!
This holiday season, give something that means something by donating blood through the American Red Cross
For Red Cross eligibility guidelines and appointment scheduling, please call 1-800-Red Cross or logon to www.redcrossblood.org