Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 3/18/2003 2:36 pm
Although most scholarships are based on demonstrated academic or athletic ability, you may still be able to get money for your technical or trade school tuition. Grants are gifts of money that apply toward tuition, books, and lab fees. These grants don't have to be repaid, unless you drop out of school or receive an 'incomplete' for your grade. Federal grants are awarded based on financial need, and are called the Federal Supplementary Educational Opportunity Grant. These can be up to four thousand dollars per academic year. Another type of federal grant is called the Pell Grant, which has a specific formula for awarding money based on a student's need and eligibility. The amount of Pell Grant money varies from year to year, as the U-S Congress determines the total amount available each year. Some colleges require all students requesting financial aid to apply for a Pell Grant. You may be able to secure grant money from independent organizations and companies, too. In the past, some trade and technical schools didn't meet the criteria of some grant programs. However, many technical and trade schools have now standardized their semester hours to fit the regulations of the Federal Department of Education's guidelines, so these schools should be eligible to receive any grant money you're awarded.

©2006 Crossroads Mobile. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.