Amended returns
If you discover that you failed to report some income, you claimed deductions or credits you were not entitled to, you neglected to claim deductions or claims you are entitled to, or if you should have claimed a different filing status, you can file for an amended return.
Filing electronically
IRS e-file allows you to file a paperless tax return through a tax professional, through your personal computer, or by telephone. If you choose to use a tax professional's services, you can prepare your own tax return on paper and have the professional submit it electronically, or you may have the professional do both.
Getting an automatic extension
If you are unable to file your taxes by April 15, it's possible to receive an automatic six-month extension for your return. However, you must file Form 4868 (48-68) by April 15, and also pay any estimated taxes that you owe.
Late penalties
If you fail to file your federal tax return, you may have to pay a 'failure-to-file' penalty. There is a nondeductible penalty of 5 percent per month on the amount due; and that can go as high as 25 percent of the total.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.