Filing electronically

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 1/10/2008 11:29 am
IRS e-file allows you to file a paperless tax return through a tax professional, through your personal computer, or by telephone. If you choose to use a tax professional's services, you can prepare your own tax return on paper and have the professional submit it electronically, or you may have the professional do both. If you want to prepare your tax return on your personal computer, you'll need a modem, and tax preparation software, available through many computer retailers. If the IRS sends you a Telefile tax package, then you're eligible to file your tax return by telephone. You can't order this information if the IRS hasn't sent it to you. No matter which form of electronic filing you choose, you're still responsible for the accuracy of your return. These notes are meant to be a general guide to federal income taxes. If you need specific advice, please consult a tax advisor or call the toll-free number for Federal Tax Information and Assistance at 1-800-829-1040.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.