School Closings Alert

Income from your job

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 1/10/2008 11:29 am
Income from your job is any payment you received for performing services. These payments can be in the form of wages and salary, property, or services. They can include expense allowances, severance pay, tips, employee prizes, and bonuses. Generally, almost everything you receive from your job is subject to tax and must be included in your gross income when you file your return. At the beginning of the year, your employer should send you a W-2 Form showing your total income and tax withholding for the year. Simply add up the wages and salary amounts reported on all your W-2 Forms and enter the total on the appropriate line of your tax form. This figure makes up a portion of your taxable earnings. Remember to attach Copy B of each W-2 Form with your return, as required by law. For more information on reporting income from a job, consult a tax advisor or call the toll-free number for Federal tax information and assistance at 1-800-829-1040.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.