Winter Storm Warning expires at 7:00 AM on 11/27, issued at 6:28 PM Blue Mountain Lake, NY | Caroga Lake, NY | Hoffmeister, NY | Indian Lake, NY
Adjustment of status
If you're an immigrant living in the United States as an alien and are facing deportation, you may be eligible under the Immigration and Nationality Act to have the deportation proceedings against you dropped by changing your alien status to a permanent resident status.
Asylum and withholding of deportation
If you're living illegally in the United States and fear that being deported back to your homeland will result in persecution, you can seek what's known as 'asylum and withholding of deportation.
Cancellation of removal
You may be able to stop deportation proceedings against you through a process known as 'cancellation of removal.' Cancellation of removal, formerly called 'suspension of deportation,' can be granted to both permanent and non-permanent residents.
Deportation and exclusion
Deportation and exclusion are two different legal proceedings used to prohibit individuals from staying in the United States. Deportation involves removing or expelling a foreign national already living in the United States, whether legally or illegally.
Legalization and registry
Legalization and registry are two ways in which illegal aliens living in the United States can obtain lawful permanent resident status. Legalization, as the name suggests, refers to the process of authorizing legal residency to illegal aliens who meet certain requirements.
Motions to reopen or reconsider
If you're facing deportation but have evidence that can alter the court's decision against you, you're entitled to appeal the decision and receive another opportunity to present your case before the judge.
Relief from deportation
If a court finds evidence that you should be deported, you're required to appear before an immigration judge to demonstrate why you should be able to stay in the United States.
Suspension of deportation
You can stop deportation proceedings against you by seeking what's called a 'suspension of deportation.' Suspension may be granted to individuals who have been physically present in the United States for seven years and have maintained good moral character throughout that period of time.
Voluntary departure
If you're unable to qualify for the many types of relief from deportation available under the Immigration and Nationality Act, you can ask the court to grant you a voluntary departure.
If you're subject to exclusion or deportation proceedings, you can ask the immigration court to forget or waive the particular ground that makes you ineligible to enter or remain in the United States.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.