Can I get permission to work?
Students will not be approved for an F-1 or M-1 visa unless the students can prove that they can financially provide for themselves and their education without needing to work.
How can I extend my visa status?
If you're a student with an F-1 or M-1 visa, you can apply for an extension of your student status while you're in the United States. To be eligible as an F-1 student, you must have 'continually maintained status' and have experienced a delay in the completion of your educational program 'caused by compelling, academic or medical reasons.
School transfers for F-1 students
If you're currently an F-1 student enrolled in a full course of study at a school approved by Immigration and Naturalization Services, or I-N-S, you may transfer to another school or continue in the same program or major at a different school.
School transfers for M-1 students
If you're an M-1 student who wishes to receive permission to change schools, you'll need to complete form I-5-39, also called an 'Application to Extend Time of Temporary Stay', as well as form I-20-M-N, a Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status for Vocational Students.
Student visas
Foreign students are an economic asset to the American educational system. They also introduce a welcomed diversity to the lives of their peers. Students pursuing academic degrees are generally given F-1 visas.
Visas for the spouse and dependent children of foreign students
Family members of foreign students may obtain a visa from the U.S consulate. The American consulate in your native country decides if the requirements have been met and can then authorize an F-2 or M-2 visa for your spouse or dependant.
Visas to study or conduct research
If you're interested in studying or conducting research in the U-S, you must have an F-1 or J-1 visa and be accepted by a school or institution that the INS (I-N-S) has approved.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.