Winter Storm Warning expires at 7:00 AM on 11/27, issued at 6:28 PM Blue Mountain Lake, NY | Caroga Lake, NY | Hoffmeister, NY | Indian Lake, NY
"Specialty occupations" and labor condition application
H-1-B visas are available to foreign nationals in specialty occupations who qualify based on their education and-or work experience. A specialty occupation is one that requires the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge.
Conditional residence through a spouse
The Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments (I-M-F-A-) of 1986 imposed additional requirements on foreign nationals who obtain permanent residence through a U.
Diversity visa lottery
The 1990 immigration laws created a new basis for obtaining permanent residence that allows foreign nationals to apply for permanent resident status without the sponsorship of a relative or employer: the Diversity Visa Lottery.
Employment-based immigrant visas
Immigrant visas are granted to certain foreign workers who are professionals with degrees, skilled workers with two years of experience, and other workers with less than two years of experience who fulfill two basic criteria.
Employment-based non-immigrant visas
There are several categories of non-immigrant visas which provide for employment authorization. Recent changes in statutory law, federal regulations, and the enactment of treaties, have impacted several nonimmigrant visa categories.
Family-based immigrant visas
Family unification is a major objective of the United States immigration laws. Because of this, several carefully defined groups are eligible to immigrate to the United States based on close family relationships.
Family-based permanent residence for relatives of LPRs
Unmarried adult children and spouses of permanent residents are allowed to immigrate to the United States if their relationship to the permanent resident is established through a petition with Immigration and Naturalization Services.
Fiance visas
Fiance (fee-YON-say) visas are available to foreign nationals coming to the United States to marry a U.S. citizen. The marriage, however, must take place within 90 days of entry.
Foreign investors
Foreign investors may choose between either a non-immigrant classification or permanent residence if they wish to do business in the United States. E-2 non-immigrant status or treaty trader allows a foreign national to enter the United States in order to develop and direct an enterprise in which he or she has invested a substantial amount of capital.
Foreign medical personnel
Nurses, physicians and physical therapists can all qualify for permanent U-S residence if certain requirements are met. A foreign nurse must document successful completion of the exam given by the 'Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools', or be able to show a valid unrestricted license to practice in the state of intended employment.
New visas created by NAFTA
The start of the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA (NAFF-tuh), on January first, nineteen-ninety-four, brought several privileges to Mexican citizens, including the reduction of tariffs, the removal of trade barriers, and new non-immigrant categories.
Non-immigrant visas and forms
There are many types of visas that allow you entrance into the U-S. B-1 visitor visas allow aliens to enter the U-S temporarily for business, while B-2 visitor visas are issued for those coming to the U-S for tourism or family visits.
Temporary employment and investor visas
There are a number of visas which would come under the category of Temporary Employment and Investor Visas, or Visas for Personnel. The most common of these are the 'H', 'L', and 'E' visas.
Visas for investors and treaty traders
If you're a foreign national and your native country has a special treaty with the U.S., you, your spouse, and your children might be eligible for a two-year visa.
Who is eligible for a temporary working visa?
If you're studying in the U-S and plan to work temporarily in the U.S. either, you can obtain a temporary working visa, also known as an H-1-B. You may be able to change your status from an F-1 practical training visa to an H-1-B temporary working visa within 30 to 60 days.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.