Am I entitled to settlement of my claim?
A settlement is an agreement resolving a dispute between parties. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party to the other, but this is not always the case.
Am I entitled to vocational rehabilitation services?
Because each state has its own workers' compensation plan, it is difficult to be specific about the coverage and benefits available to you. Generally, you may be entitled to vocational rehabilitation services to assist you in returning to work.
Can I be terminated for filing a workers' compensation claim?
It is unlawful under the workers' compensation laws of every state for an employee to be fired for filing a workers' compensation claim. Generally, employers won't terminate you for filing a claim, because while state laws vary, the employer's insurance usually pays the claim.
Can I file a lawsuit against my employer?
If you become disabled due to a work-related injury or illness, you may be able to file a lawsuit against your employer. However, under the worker's compensation law of every state, employer's are required to provide medical care and cash benefits to replace lost wages.
Claims against insurance companies
Most people and businesses carry insurance. This insurance may provide coverage for damaged property, personal injury, life or health. Regardless of the type of insurance, insurance companies are obligated to live up to the terms of the insurance contracts.
Do I have to accept rehabilitation if offered?
Generally, it is to your advantage to accept rehabilitation to assist you in returning to work. If you refuse to cooperate with rehabilitation, it can be grounds for suspending your benefits.
Do I have to settle my claim?
Under the Workers' Compensation Law, you are not required to settle your claim if you do not want to do so. Your employer is required to provide you with the benefits required by law if your claim is accepted, but this does not include a forced settlement of your claim.
How to protect your rights to benefits
As soon as you realize that you may have been injured on the job, you must immediately inform your employer so that a report of your injury can be filled out, signed, and filed with the State Division of Workers' Compensation.
Other rights
Under workers' compensation laws, employees who become disabled by a work-related injury or illness receive, at the employer's expense, medical care and cash benefits to replace lost wages.
What should I do if injured on the job?
If you are injured on the job, you will need to notify your boss and personnel department immediately and seek medical help. Rules for selecting a physician vary from state to state.

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.