School Closings Alert

Announcing your plans

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/16/2007 2:29 pm
Usually, your parents should be the first to know about your engagement. If your parents live close, you and your fiance can tell them in person. If they do not live nearby, then tell them together by phone. Although your fiance may have already discussed his intentions with his parents, the engagement should be formally announced to them after the proposal has been accepted. If possible, your fiance's parents should also be told in person. After both of your parents have been told, close friends and relatives can now be phoned, written, or told in person. The news of your engagement can also be shared at a family gathering or an engagement party. Traditionally, a formal announcement is placed in both you and your fiance's local newspapers. To place the announcement, contact the society editor of the paper. Most newspapers have a form available for this purpose. Also, ask about submitting your picture. Most newspapers will only accept a black and white photo. If the parents of the bride are divorced, either one of the parents can announce the engagement. However, it is recommended that the parent with whom the bride has lived makes the announcement. If one parent is deceased, the word 'late' should come before any reference to the parent. For more information on announcing your engagement, contact a wedding professional.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.