Red Flag Warning expires at 6:00 PM on 4/24, issued at 3:25 AM Adams, MA | Ashley Falls, MA | Becket, MA | Berkshire, MA

Cohoes garage fire injures three firefighters, kills family dog

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 6/16/2013 10:29 am

COHOES, N.Y. – Three firefighters suffered minor injuries while battling an early morning garage fire at 160 Dartmouth Avenue Saturday.

The structure is a two-story garage – detached from the home – with a recreation room on the second floor.

Though the fire successfully extinguished in less than 20 minutes, a pet dog was lost due to smoke inhalation.

Officials said the fire was contained to the second floor, and damages could likely be repaired and cleaned up.

The Watervliet Fire Department, Green Island Fire Department and the Troy Fire Department assisted Cohoes.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of FOX23 News.

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.