NOTE: New emergencies will be updated here as information comes into the newsroom.
Adams - LIFTED
Albany - LIFTED.
The City of Amsterdam has declared a snow emergency effective 6 p.m. Thurs. Feb 7th. No parking will be allowed on the city streets for a period of up to 36 hours after snowfall ends.
The Village of Athens has issued a snow emergency beginning Friday, February 8th
at 10:00 am through Sunday February 3rd
. Snow emergency parking rules are in effect.
- The Town of Brunswick has issued a snow emergency from 6:00 a.m. Friday, February 8, 2013 to 6:00 p.m. Sunday, February 10, 2013. No parking will be allowed on any town street or highway during this time.Castleton on Hudson
- The Town of East Greenbush has declared that a Snow Emergency will be in effect beginning on Friday, 2/8/13 at 7:00 a.m. Vehicles are prohibited from parking on any public street during this snow emergency. Vehicles in violation of this local law will be subject to ticketing and/or towing. The Snow Removal Emergency will be continued until Sunday, 12:00 noon, 2/10/13.Glens Falls
Greenport - The Town of Greenport has issued a snow emergency starting
midnight Thursday, Feb. 7th until midnight Saturday, Feb. 9th.Hudson
- The City of Hudson has declared a snow emergency effective Friday, 2/8. Parking restrictions will begin on Friday at 8 a.m. with no parking on the even side of the street for 24 hours. On Saturday, 2/9, starting a 8 a.m. there will be no parking on the odd side of the street for 24 hours.
Lanesborough - The town of Lanesborough has a snow emergency in effect from Friday 7 a.m. until Sunday morning 7 a.m. - no parking on the streets.
Lenox - LIFTED
Massachusetts - Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) declared a snow emergency and parking ban on all DCR roadways and parkways posted for snow emergency starting at noon on Friday, February 8 and remaining in effect until further notice.
During the emergency, parking is prohibited on any DCR road, street, or parkway that is posted with "Snow Emergency" signs. For a list of DCR roadways, visit www.mass.gov/dcr/winterstormplan.htm Mayfield
- A snow emergency is in effect for the Village of Mayfield from 6:00 AM Friday February 8, 2013 until further notice. There is no parking allowed on village streets in order for the streets to be plowed. Any vehicle parked will be towed at owners' expense.Mechanicville
- The City of Mechanicville is declaring a snow emergency. The snow emergency will be in effect at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 8th, 2013. Vehicles are to park on the even side of the street for the first 24 hours. At 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 9th, 2013, they are to be moved to the odd side of the street.Menands
- LIFTED at noon Saturday, Feb. 9. Pittsfield
- A snow emergency has been declared for the City of Pittsfield as of 6:00 PM, Friday, February 8, 2013 through 7:00 AM, Sunday, February 10, 2013. No vehicle is permitted to be parked or to be allowed to stand unattended on any street or way that is required to be plowed by the City except North Street where parking is allowed between the hours of 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM during the snow emergency. No vehicle is permitted to park or stand unattended on any open municipal parking lot between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., so the lots may be plowed and sanded. For the duration of the snow emergency, individuals who have no off-street parking available may park their cars in the three-hour public parking areas of the McKay Center and Columbus Avenue parking garages without penalty.Ravena
- The Village of Ravena has declared a snow emergency from Friday at noon until Monday at 6 p.m in which there will be no parking allowed on Village streets
- A snow emergency has been declared in the City of Rensselaer. No parking on the odd side of the street beginning on at 8:00 p.m. February 8, 2013 until 8:00 p.m. February 9, 2013. No parking on even side of the street beginning at 8:00 p.m. On February 9, 2013 until 8:00 p.m. February 10, 2013. Even-odd is determined by house numbers. Rotterdam
- LIFTEDSaratoga Springs
- The City of Saratoga Springs has declared a snow emergency beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8th. Beginning at this time, all vehicles on city streets, except alternate side parking streets, must be moved to a plowed or cleared area within 12 hours. Accordingly, all vehicles must be moved by 9:00 a.m., Saturday, February 9, and every 12 hours thereafter until 9:00 p.m. on Monday, February 11.Schodack
- The town of Schodack has issues a snow emergency beginning 6:00 a.m. Friday, February 8, 2013 until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, February 10, 2013.Stillwater
- The village of Stillwater has a snow emergency in effect Friday, February 8th at noon time until further notice. No parking on village streets.Troy - Downtown residents are encouraged to park their vehicles in City-owned lots and parking garages after 5 p.m. today as crews work to clear Downtown streets. Parking in these spaces is free and permitted after 5 p.m. & on weekends. Use of these spaces allows for more effective and efficient plowing in the Downtown area. The available parking garages and lots include:
• 5th Avenue parking garage
• State Street parking garage
• The Y-Lot (2nd St. between Broadway and State)
• Congress Street and Fifth Avenue parking lot
• Front Street lot
Waterford - A snow emergency is in effect for the Village of Waterford from 06:00AM Friday February 8,2013 until all streets are plowed and pushed back. Any vehicles not moved or interfering with snow plow operations on Village streets or the Village parking lot will be towed at owners expense. Alternate parking is NOT in effect in the Village of Waterford.Watervliet
- The city of Watervliet has declared a snow emergency starting at 8:00 am Sunday February 10, 2013. All residents must be prepared to move their vehicles for plowing. Any vehicles not moved for plowing will be towed.