A fire broke out at a Schenectady church Friday

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/07 9:59 pm

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – St. Anthony’s Church suffered a fire Friday evening.

Crews received a call for heavy smoke on the first floor of 331 Seward Place around 6:30 p.m.

When they arrived on scene, crews found a fire in the basement that was spreading to the first floor near the altar.

Four people were inside the church at the time but were reluctant to leave.

“We had to show them the way out,” Schenectady Fire Chief Raymond Senecal said.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation. There were no other injuries.

Officials did not have a cause for the fire.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of FOX23 News.

No comments yet!
Current Conditions
76°
High: 91° | Low: 70°
Mostly Cloudy

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.