Baby dies after fall next to hot radiator

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/20/2013 1:58 pm

The New York Police Department are investigating the suspicious death of a one-year-old Albany girl who died after falling between the bed and the hot radiator.

Police say the baby was staying at her grandmother's Manhattan home when they received a 911 call saying that one-year-old Gabriela Grimes had been stuck between the bed and the radiator Tuesday morning with severe burns to her legs and lower extremities.

Police say the child was transported to St. Luke's Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

According to the New York Post, it was the baby's first birthday and the grandmother was planning a party for her. The Post reports that the 60-year-old grandmother put the girl to bed Monday evening, then went to check on her around 2 a.m. and she was fine. It was then around 6:15 a.m. the grandmother discovered the baby fell off the bed and was trapped by the radiator.

No criminal charges have been filed at this time. Police are investigating whether or not there was any abuse or neglect.

The baby's mother, Lilabeth Grimes, resides on Third Avenue in Albany. Lilabeth and the baby's father, Ed Grimes, own a Latino Food business called Albany Cuchifrito Factory.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of FOX23 News.

No comments yet!
Current Conditions
41°
High: 64° | Low: 41°
Partly Cloudy

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.