COEYMANS, N.Y. – Coeymans Police say they have made a number of arrests over the past several weeks for the possession and sales of narcotics and weapons.
The Coeymans Anti-Narcotics Team (CANT) was formed in 2013 by Police Chief Darlington in order to respond to the drug issues in the community.
In the past few weeks, CANT has made several felony arrests, confiscated about 3 ounces of Cocaine, 18 packages of Heroin, more than 225 marijuana plants, about 16 pounds of marijuana and materials used to grow marijuana indoors.
Coeymans police officers have also taken 3 assault rifles, 2 illegal handguns and a number of other long guns plus more than 500 rounds of ammunition off the streets of Ravena and Coeymans.
Recently, about $10,000 in cash and 3 vehicles were seized as investigators believed they were connected to drug sale proceeds.
The following people have been arrested on the listed charges:
- Lawrence Black, 54, of Coeymans - Criminal Possession of Marihuana, Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd, Criminal Possession of a Weapon after previously being convicted, Unlawfully Growing Cannabis, Criminal Possession of a Weapon, Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
- Lisa Tuscano, 44 of Coeymans - Criminal Possession of Marihuana, Unlawfully Growing Cannabis, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Criminal Possession of a Weapon.
- Latrell Seals, 23 of Hannacroix - Criminal Possession of Narcotic Drug with intent to Sell, Tampering with Evidence, Resisting Arrest.
- Roscheem Gray, 40 of Ravena - Criminal Possession of Narcotic Drug with Intent to Sell.
- Aaron Preston, 22 of Ravena - Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd Ammunition Feeding Device, Criminal Possession of an Assault Weapon 3rd degree, Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th degree, Violation Unlawful Possession of a Weapon.