Winter Storm Warning expires at 7:00 AM on 11/27, issued at 3:39 PM Alplaus, NY | Argyle, NY | Ballston Lake, NY | Ballston Spa, NY

Duplex in Troy catches fire early Friday morning

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 7/04 6:56 am
TROY N.Y. –Early Friday morning a fire broke out in a duplex in Troy.

According to the deputy fire chief, the fire began at 81 Fifth Avenue on the second floor and spread to the neighboring vacant building at 79 Fifth Avenue.

When firefighters arrived on scene there was heavy smoke and flames coming from the second floor of the duplex.

The deputy fire chief says the blaze ran underneath the roof area, the roof on both buildings has been burnt.

According to officials there were residents on the second floor where the fire began, no injuries have been reported.

It is unclear how many people were affected by the fire at this time.

Officials believe the blaze was caused by a kitchen fire on the second floor apartment of 81 Fifth Avenue, though the fire remains under investigation.

The fire has been put out, crews remain on scene working to extinguish hotspots and continue overhaul work.

0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of FOX23 News.

No comments yet!
Current Conditions
High: 62° | Low: 30°

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.