Woman who drank toxic tea released from hospital

(Getty Images/file)
(Getty Images/file)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/24 2:28 pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking iced tea mixed with chemicals has been released from a Salt Lake City hospital.

University of Utah Health Care spokeswoman Marissa Villasenor confirmed Sunday morning that 67-year-old Jan Harding was released Saturday morning.

Harding has been slowly improving since Aug. 10, when she drank a single sip of sweetened iced tea at Dickey's Barbecue in South Jordan, a Salt Lake City suburb.

Family attorney Paxton Guymon has said an industrial cleaning solution mixed into the tea caused deep, ulcerated burns in Harding's esophagus.

Authorities have said a restaurant employee unintentionally put the heavy-duty cleaner in a sugar bag and a worker later mistakenly mixed it into the iced tea dispenser.

Salt Lake County prosecutors have not announced whether charges will be filed.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of FOX23 News.

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.